Customer engagement through testimonials and product reviews are a cost effective and powerful way to build trust and credibility with potential customers. When a potential customers sees that other people are happy with your products or service, then they are more likely to trust you, research further and eventually buy from you.
Testimonials are statements from customers about their experience with your product or service. They can be used in a variety of ways in your retail videos, such as:
- Opening titles – You can use testimonials in the opening titles of your video to introduce a product or service and give potential customers a sense of what others think about it.
- Throughout the video – You can use testimonials throughout your video to highlight the benefits of your products or services.
- Closing credits – You can use testimonials in the closing credits of your video to thank customers for their feedback and encourage others to leave their own testimonials
Examples of Testimonials we have produced:
Product reviews are similar to testimonials, but are typically more in-depth. Product reviews can include information about the product’s features, benefits, and how it compares to other products on the market.
Getting more Customer Testimonials and Product Reviews
There are a number of ways to get customer testimonials and product reviews. You can ask your customers directly, or you can offer incentives such as discounts or free products (if legal). You can also post surveys on your website or social media pages.
How to use Customer Testimonials and Product Reviews effectively
- Get genuine testimonials and reviews – The best testimonials and reviews are those that are genuine and from real customers. You can get genuine testimonials and reviews by asking your customers to leave feedback on your website, social media, or email.
- Use relevant testimonials and reviews – When choosing testimonials and reviews to use in your videos, make sure they are relevant to the product or service you are promoting. For example, if you are selling a new line of clothing, you would want to use testimonials from customers who have bought and worn the clothing.
- Keep testimonials and reviews short and to the point – People are more likely to watch and listen to short, to-the-point testimonials and reviews. Try to keep them to 30 seconds or less.
- Use visuals – Visuals can help to make your testimonials and reviews more engaging. For example, you could show a video of a customer talking about their experience with your product or service.
Customer testimonials and product reviews are a powerful way to build trust and credibility with potential customers. When used effectively, they can help to increase sales and grow your business.
We will be posting more blogs about retail video production in the future. Be sure to check back for more tips and advice, so stay tuned.